Friday, July 14, 2017

Summertime and the living is GREAT!

Well after years (hey, only 4!), I've decided to give this a try again.

The biggest reason is that now that I have finished my DECADE... yep, 10, years of teaching, I have decided to take the first move out of the classroom and move in to becoming our behavior teacher at our school. I'll be the case manager for any students who are classified as a behavior and SPED student, and will provide social skills and other interventions for students who need extra support. I'm also excited to be given the opportunity to provide PD to our staff and to coach teachers this year on classroom management as well. After getting my masters in education, I knew that I'd be looking for something perhaps in administration, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to go more of a curriculum track or behavior track. I've had many opportunities in curriculum (well.. and behavior in the classroom), but now I have a chance to see what it would be to focus on behavior.

I'm not going to lie, I'm nervous! I know there will be really tough days, and self care is going to be EXTREMELY important. Plus giving up my current classroom, leaving my AMAZING fifth grade team, trying to figure out just WHERE my EPIC classroom library and various resources are going to go.... it's been a real emotional roller coaster. But I know that to grow I have to take on challenges outside of my comfort zone.

So here we go!

I've decided to resurrect this blog as a means to continue to post ideas on curriculum (because I CANNOT let that go), and to add ideas on classroom management, different ideas from the various classrooms I see, and life stories. Because let's be real... I'm sure to have A LOT next year as always!

I'm looking forward to getting back into the scene and can't wait to get to know y'all again!

And on that note, summer life is tough.. right?



2 comments:

Thomas More said...

Are you struggling to stay focused in your pay someone to do online classes? I'm Thomas, a concentration expert who will provide you with strategies to minimize distractions and maximize productivity.

Briana Davies said...

Thanks for writing thiss